rAlbum Prototype

When starting to create my prototype for rAlbum I made sure to think back to all of the things that I learned the last time I did this step. One of the biggest things that I took out of that experience knew the size requirements of the screens for the program I was using to create my prototype, before completely all of the comps. Last time I did not do this, and it ended up costing me a lot of time. This time I was conscious of this and it was much more efficient. I decided to inVision again because it worked out for me so well the first time.

The next step I did was to watch my first video to see how I conducted the prototype. I was very happy with the outcome last time so I decided to follow a very similar pattern.

Next I looked up another prototype so I could see if there was anything else I wanted to add to my prototype this round. The example I found was not very good. While I really liked the visual choices made to the UI especially the color scheme I didn’t feel that the prototype did a good job of explaining and showing the application. For starters there was no voice over, so there was no explanation as to what was going on. Also it was hard to keep track of. The zooming in was also very distracting and I felt like I was supposed to be looking at something particular but I didn’t know what.

Lastly, I watched this great interview of the design lead at Google. He gave some great insight into what is important in prototyping for applications. He said that it is extremely important to have several iterations, which is something I made sure do in the process of making this application. I did this with user testing and class critiques where I would get feed back on my work and go back and change it. This is an extremely important part of design so you can come up with the best product possible.

He also said that prototyping is very important because it gives the look and feel of the application. It is the best way to visually see the flow of an application and from there you can go back and make the appropriate changes.

Overall I found some great information. I applied everything I learned last time and after several attempts I came out with my final video.

The video can be seen here:

Screen Shot 2014-05-06 at 8.41.44 PM

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s